- Dual-state treatment (separation and media filtration)
- 2-chambered separation for pretreatment
- Up flow technology minimizes maintenance
- Minimal fall requirements
- Easily installed online (internal bypass)
- Passive self-cleaning technology
The patented design provides double chambered separation to remove large to fine sediments from stormwater run off. This configuration prevents clogging challenges found with downward flow media filters.
- Sediment Chambers: Maximizes Total Suspended Solids (TSS) removal and eliminates scouring during high flow conditions.
- Oil Skimmer & Booms: Collects hydrocarbons and controls flow velocity to improve up flow filter performance.
As water enters head pressure builds behind the internal weir to generate the force needed to operate the up flow filter. As water enters the system it passes over the first separation chamber settling out sediment. As water passes out the second separation chamber it encounters an oil skimmer which removes hydrocarbons before water is forced under the skimmer and into the up flow filter chamber. As water rises up it is forced through the media filtration bed for primary treatment before exiting the system.
- Up Flow Filter: Removes fine Total Suspended Solids (TSS), metals, nutrients and bacteria with an advanced sorptive media filtration bed.
- Passive Self-Cleaning: Up Flow Filter is passively back washed with drain down filters.
Once flow into the system subsides, the water level in the system will start to fall. Once the water level reaches the upper effluent side of the up flow filter it can no longer discharge. The remaining water within the filtration media is forced downward as the drain down filters continue to treat and discharge stormwater. This passive back wash action releases pollutants that would otherwise contribute to long-term clogging and performance issues.
The Water Polisher is designed to be installed downstream of detention for volume based applications.
Maintenance & Installation
- Lowest Life-cycle Cost of any Media Filter
- Fast and Simple Maintenance Procedures
- Easily Cleaned with a Standard Vacuum Truck
- Reusable cartridge can be cleaned with a standard garden hose
|Model #||Treatment Capacity (CFS)||Sediment Storage Capacity (cf.ft.)|
|Based on 18″ Driving Head||Sediment Chambers|