Maine DEP (Department of Environmental Protection) Kraken Filter
The Kraken® Filter continues to demonstrate its numerous benefits for meeting stormwater quality objectives on the east coast. Most recently, Maine DEP “reviewed and accepted (the Kraken® Filter) as an approved alternative to the General Standards of the Stormwater Management Rules”. In short, the Kraken is approved as a flow based treatment device, to provide full treatment of 90% of the annual runoff, and for volume based treatment.
The Kraken Filter is a cost-effective solution for developers and engineers looking for a system that complies with regulatory requirements, offers superior performance and effectively removes stormwater pollutants. Kraken will also curtail maintenance needs, keeping cleaning cycles low, while reducing the risks for clogging.
Kraken Filter Advantages
- 89% Total Suspended Solids (TSS) removal per NJCAT protocol
- 72% Phosphorus, 54% Zinc, and 52% Copper removal
- Built-in Pretreatment Chamber captures Trash, Sediments, Debris, and Hydrocarbons
- Loading Rate of 0.05 gpm/sq.ft. for Minimal Maintenance
- High Flow Rates & Maximum Surface Area
- Membrane Filter Cartridges can be easily removed & cleaned by hand
- Filter Cartridge dries out between storm events to prevent Biofilm growth which can cause clogging and other performance issues