Virginia Department of Environmental Quality Conditionally Approves Kraken Filter
Virginia Department of Environmental Quality Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) Conditionally Approves Kraken Filter
The Kraken Filter has been conditionally approved by the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) to meet the total phosphorus (TP) water quality requirements of Virginia Stormwater Management Program (VSMP) regulation.
Not only is the Kraken Filter approved for 50% total phosphorus (TP) removal for post-construction use, the Kraken Filter keeps maintenance needs notoriously low and avoids most clogging issues found in other filter systems advertising high loading rates.
Kraken Filter Advantages
- 89% Total Suspended Solids (TSS) removal per NJCAT protocol
- 72% Phosphorus, 54% Zinc, and 52% Copper removal
- Built-in Pretreatment Chamber captures Trash, Sediments, Debris, and Hydrocarbons
- Loading Rate of 0.05 gpm/sq.ft. for Minimal Maintenance
- High Flow Rates & Maximum Surface Area
- Membrane Filter Cartridges can be easily removed & cleaned by hand
- Filter Cartridge dries out between storm events to prevent Biofilm growth which can cause clogging and other performance issues