- Stores trash, debris, and organics in screening system separated from water below
- Separation prevents odor, bacterial growth,
nutrient leaching, and septic conditions
- Shallow profile minimizes maintenance cost:
– Less shoring
– Perfect for areas with high ground water
Learn More About the DSBB Separator
Our local stormwater experts come to you!
The DSBB Separator (Debris Separating Baffle Box) is an advanced stormwater treatment system utilizing a nonclogging screen technology and hydrodynamic separation to capture pollutants. Request a Lunch & Learn today, and get regionally-focused insight and solutions from a local Bio Clean stormwater expert.
California State Water Resources Control Board
Pretreatment and diversion eliminate the need for a separate diversion structure. The DSBB Separator deflector shield system allows the system to be installed inline and provides the unique advantage of providing both pretreatment and low flow diversion for above ground and underground infiltration basins.
Stormwater flows into a vertically aligned non-clogging splitter screen-directing flows into the Trash, Debris and Organics (TDO) Chamber. The captured TDOs are suspended in a dry state, above the sedimentation chambers. Dry state storage of the TDOs minimizes nutrient leaching, bacterial growth, bad orders, and allows for an easier removal.
During Storm Events
Between Storm Events
- Filtration Screen – Collects and Stores Trash, Debris, Organics, and Oxygen Demanding Substances Above Standing Water in a Dry State.
- Turbulence Deflectors – Prevents Re-suspension of Captured Pollutants.
- Sediment Chambers – Maximizes Total Suspended Solids (TSS) Removal and Eliminates Scouring During Extreme Flow Rates.
- Skimmer & Boom – Collects Hydrocarbons and Controls Flow Velocity which Improves Removal Efficiency.
Maintenance & Installation
- No Confined Space Entry is Required for Servicing
- Cleaning can be Accessed through Manhole or Hatch above Ground with Vacuum Truck
- Separating Pollutants Minimizes Costs – Screen System Allows Gross Solids to be Removed without Vacuuming out Water or Sediment Chambers
- Screen Systems are Hinged for Easy Access to Sediments Collected in Lower Chambers
- Low Pick Weights: Delivered in a Top & Bottom to Minimize Weight
- 1 Hour Set Time: Internal Components are Installed Prior to Delivery
- Minimal Excavation: Bottom of Structure Less than 4ft. from Invert of Pipe